View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:07 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Rich Google Search Results module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyMac
Hi,

I purchased this mod and have installed it. Using Google's Structured Data Testing Tool I can see that all the expected attributes are being picked up from my product pages except the rating is not being displayed. Review comments are being displayed but not the rating out of 5 stars.

Does this mod display ratings for everyone else? If so can anyone suggest what I look at to correct it?

DavyMac, first of all thank you for purchasing our module. As for your question, as I can see you are currently running X-Cart 4.1.11 version. Please refer to the following quote from Rich Google Search Results article on our help portal:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Rich_Google_Search_Results#System_requirement s

Quote:
Please note that X-Cart versions 4.2.3 and earlier do not support the star ratings feature out of the box (This feature is enabled by X-Cart's built-in module Customer Reviews starting with version 4.3.0; before version 4.3.0, the Customer Reviews module did not support the star ratings feature, but operated with ratings like "excellent", "very good", "good", etc). Accordingly, if you use the Rich Google Search Results add-on module in a store based on X-Cart 4.1.12 or 4.2.3, star ratings will not be included in the 'rich' format search results. However, the star ratings feature can be implemented in X-Cart versions 4.2.3 and earlier by installing the add-on module Advanced Customer Reviews. With the star ratings feature enabled by Advanced Customer Reviews, the 'rich' format search results will include star ratings even on versions 4.1.x and 4.2.x.

Thus, if you want the star rating to be shown as well you should purchase and install Advanced Customer Reviews module:

http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/modules/advanced-customer-reviews.html

P.S.: Oh, as I can see Tony has already answered you