View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:38 AM

X-Man

Default Re: x-cart Feeder Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by designtheweb
I would have thought this was something Firetank would have jumped on years ago.

Importing products to X-cart is one of the largest requirements out there. Generally if the fields can simply be matched up then it should be pretty easy to pull them into x-cart. The whole csv thing is cumbersome and boring and one of my suppliers is offering to ftp over 2000 products but I find the methodology around this confusing, I'd really rather run the business than get bogged down with technicalities.

It's actually a little more complex to do this properly, many of the imports out there are half done, and you can screw up your site with a poorly written one.

We've done our own inhouse ones in the past but there's already several other soloutions out there in various formats.

Look into the one written by BCSEngineering.com it's one of the most advanced ones out there.

A policy we have had at firetanksoftware.com since day one is not to duplicate other people's work, we don't duplicate x-carts or other developers work, it's pointless as the market is so small and it causes confusion.

Used by X-carters the world over:
Marketing Manager Pro Bundle For X-cart
Featured Product Manager for X-cart
Feed manager pro for X-cart

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

Celebrating 7 Years of providing quality X-cart Add ons and X-cart Mods for x-cart 3.X to X-cart 4.4.X