View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 04:58 AM

X-Adept

Default Is there a "Make an Offer" module + payable invoice

Hi,

Looking for a "Make an Offer" module for x-cart 4.1.9. Probably something similar to "Send to Friend" except it sends it to the orders department of x-cart. Also trying to figure out how to make that offer into an order and have the customer return and pay for it. One would have to be registered and logged in to make an offer.

It should also be optional and only available on certain products. Perhaps by using Extra Fields somehow? Can something of an if statement be used like "if extrafield_make_offer =Y" than it loads the portion similar to the "Send to Friend" with the appropriate information?

I cannot figure out how to send an invoice to a customer either so that they could return to the store, log in and complete the payment. I could use Google CheckOut and PayPal for the invoice if the offer is accepted if no option is available. But it isn't really very professional. It would be better to get the customer to the checkout page.

It seems once the order is placed there is now way to return to the checkout page. The only way to send a payable invoice is through PayPal or Google CheckOut.

I purchased X-AOM in hopes it would allow me to do that but it doesn't or I can't figure out how to do it. I can modify the order but there is no way for the customer to return to the shopping cart and make the payment. An invoice with a link to the payment page is what is needed, or a link to the log in area. The customer than goes to the "Order" section and makes the payment by completing the checkout process. Is that currently possible? I haven't figured out how to get that to work.

Using the "Name your price" on x-cart is not an option as the base price must be set in order for the offer to be reasonable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If there is an existing mod or code for this in the forum I have not been able to find it.

Thanks in advance!
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.