View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Although my store only has about 45 products, I also have about 40 static pages and 10 categories...

I didn't really consider the pricing when I signed up, since at 45 products (variants don't count), I was well under the limits of the basic plan -- but with the addition of the static pages and cats, how is that going to add up?

Yes, it is a SaaS. Yes, they are providing server resources and 3x daily indexing. HOWEVER - the pricing model could factor in bandwidth/resources used?

In comparison, MaxCDN provides 1TB of edge servers per year for US$40, and then incremental costs per TB. If you use more bandwidth, you pay for it.

Could cloudsearch pricing be more sensitive to the stores with many pages and/or products, but limited traffic? Could a subscription plan include a minimum number of queries, then escalations after a magic number is reached? I would imagine there are some (many) stores with sub-100 products that have 1000x the traffic of many 800+ product stores. Is that fair to everyone?

I was willing to pay $59/year for this - but if it becomes more than that, I would probably seek alternatives. Just saying. I really like the product and I think it's awesome, but I do wonder what will happen if I add 10 more products and 10 more static pages.