View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Payments v1.0.6 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Yeah, I forgot to mention in my initial post this:

* X-Payments iFrame integration works with X-Cart Fast Lane Checkout now, too.

Alex,

Unfortunately, X-Cart management decided to make an absolute mess of an upgrade cycle -- and the benefits of X-Payment 1.0.6 will be lost on stores that are required to upgrade to 4.5.5

As you will read in my posts on this -- I am furious that X-Cart decided to bundle major, significant so-called "security" improvements into the 4.5.5 release.

What could have been some bug fixes and fixing some issues with the October release, instead added layers of complexity and introduced brand new features, that frankly are not needed and do not belong in a dot release.

I'm a very experienced xcart owner. I have done many, many , many upgrades. This one takes the cake for the most complexity - and total lack of testing before rollout.

I am suggesting that you recall it and try again, without the security "enhancements" which do not belong.

This upgrade was not ready for production.

PS -- Installing XP 1.0.6 was effortless. But I can't test it without 4.5.5 if I want the iFrame and FLC features (which is the reason for the bug fixes in the first place!)