View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:18 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Hidden Categories module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandat
1) "Hidden Category" means all products listed under hidden category will also remain hidden for normal customers/visitors ?

If product is assigned to 'Hidden' category only and 'Enable search within hidden category' checkbox is unchecked then yes, this product will be visible under this category only, i.e. by direct link only.

Quote:
2) Is it possible to display products like "Hidden & NOT available for sale" Actually I have big list of products which are OUT OF STOCK if this feature is available then at least people can subscribe for these products for "Notify me when this item is back in stock"

I'm not sure that this question is clear to me. But I'll try to answer. If my answer will not be correct, please, clarify your question.
You can create category 'Out of stock', mark it as 'Hidden' and assign to it products with status 'For sale' or 'Hidden but available for sale'. All these products will be visible under 'Hidden' category. Any product with status 'Disabled' will not be visible under 'Hidden' category.

Quote:
3) This module is compatible to work with Refine Filters module ?
I will check this and return back to you with the answer.
UPD: Yes, Hidden Categories is compatible with Refine Filters. If 'Enable search within hidden category' checkbox is unchecked then products from hidden categories are not visible within filtered products.

The "Advanced Customer Reviews", "Root Categories" and "Pop-up Anywhere" author