View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 01:39 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart Classic v. 4.6.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksenia
First of all, we're sorry about the presence of the upgrade packs, it's our fault indeed, and it will be fixed.

However I can not agree with the statement about "yesterday'.

Back in August we informed all the owners of X-Cart PRO licenses that the support of this version is discontinued and the upgrade patches would not be available. (Moreover, the announcement was included into monthly newsletter to notify all users, subscribed to X-Cart news and updates.)

You were among the recipients and you did open that email. You didn't click the link to read details, though - but that was your own choice.
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0822eziaee

As for downgrade, we do not provide any downgrade patches. And honestly speaking I have never seen anyone who does. You're stating that you'be been customizing the store recently - thus you may have a dev copy of original version - or a backup, which is always recommended to create before starting the upgrade. If such a version is available, the best way is to take it and start the upgrade procedure again.

1. Did you read all chats histories? I'm not talking about a Newsletter from last year. I'm talking about the fact that there nobody ever told us that there are faulty upgrade packages. To be honest. You trust the help desk when you want to upgrade and upgrade simply to the latest version available in your help desk. It's simply your fault. Nothing else to say.

2. I don't understand how you can blame it on me as a customer. It was your fault to provide wrong software upgrades. It's my fault to use it.

3. I assume that you know that we don't really 'want' to downgrade but we might have too.

4. We have copies of every step. But after the 4.6.2 installation there have been many customizations made and mods added.

I can not understand how you can provide wrong upgrade packs and now even blame it on me that I trust your help desk. Really not fair, even you sent the Newsletter last year and other informations. In the end it's simple: I trust your help desk.

Please remove the screenshot immediately.
Names, email addresses and businesses are private and shall not be shared publicly by QT.