View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 04:53 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.10 release candidate testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel352
Hi Alex, looking at the upgrade pack provided, it bothers me to see that some files are going to be directly overwritten instead of patched via DIFF files, as I'm concerned for possible customizations that would be overwritten.

Is there a reason for this?

I guess you mixed up things (an installation package for pure installation and upgrade pack for your current X-Cart version) a little bit.

Installation package was uploaded in every participant's "File Area" and the installation package is supposed to be installed anew in a clean place so it doesn't have .DIFF files at all.

Participants who mentioned their current X-Cart versions got upgrade packs from their version to 4.1.10rc. Those who didn't mention their X-Cart version got 4.1.9->4.1.10rc upgrade packs in "File Area". The upgrade packs contain .DIFF files only. I want everyone to note that upgrade packs were created for upgrading unmodified X-Cart as it is impossible to create upgrade packs which will be able to upgrade smoothly open source software which can me modified in any way. I hope everyone understand this.

*NOTE:* Again I want to remind everyone that 4.1.10rc is not the final version yet so you shouldn't use it for production web sites.
X-Payments product manager