View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CloudSearch service for X-Cart has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaP
Today we announce 1.3.0 beta which replaces the standard X-Cart search with CloudSearch engine.

Wow. I can't wait to test this! Unfortunately, the week before black friday is not always the calm before the storm that I wish it would be! I will try to test by tomorrow.

Nikita, THANK YOU for continuing the development and solving the challenges!! I was seriously thinking about installing an alternative search because too many customers were pressing "Search" and using default search function (which is less than ideal) - but if CloudSearch has the bells and whistles, and the CDN, and site search, and is easily configurable for mobile vs. desktop (all answers are yes), then the only "challenge" is cost -- and it's 15% off this week, right?

DId I ever ask you if it's possible to "tag" a static page to not be indexed by CloudSearch? I have many landing pages and "success" pages (such as "thank you for posting a review", or "thank you for joining our mailing list", or "thank you for contacting customer service") - these pages should not be indexed or served as a possible result by CloudSearch.

WHAT IF CloudSearch were to respect the directives in robots.txt?
Or if CloudSearch had a metatag to prevent being in the index?
Or if CloudSearch had its own robots.txt equivalent?

Any of these solutions would accomplish the goal - of not displaying a page that the customer should not see as a possible search result.

Thanks for considering this.

I'll report back after testing tonight.

Best,

Jeremy