View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Remove Evaluation Notice?

Hi Jason,
the problem is im running 4.2.3 quite successfully live, and revamping the shop on my home server using 4.3.1 before I upload it to the main site. I registered the live URL as 4.3 .1 under construction thinking the licence would translate to the dev machine (why I thought that I dont know in hindsight) It was just annoying having the notice on the dev machine, and since according to the license agreement:

2. PAID LICENSE
2.1 Paid license permits You to utilize one instance of the Software for purposes of running a single e-commerce store. This license can be obtained in consideration for the license fee paid to Author. Under the terms of Paid License you may:

a) use one instance (a single installation) of the Software on one web server and one website only, for purposes of running a single e-commerce store; in the event You intend to use the Software or any part thereof on more than one website, the license for each such multiple use must be purchased (see Appendix B for the explanation);

which is what I am doing. I may be breaking the agreement technically by removing the notice on the dev machine, but in the spirit of the agreement I think it should be quite legal

Peter

Developing on
PHP 5.3.0
MySQL server 5.0.75-community-log
MySQL client 5.1.36
Web server Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11
Windows 7 64bit on a Toshiba Satellite P500

ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA