Thread: Phone Ordering?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:27 AM

Advanced Member

Default outline for mod

I think these are the steps a first-class version of this mod would need to handle.....(this may be asking a bit much!)

1. The member of customer service staff logs onto www.yourxcartstore.com/service with a username and password
2. They are presented with a simplified series of screens like Jon's simple checkout module.
3. They can then use the wholesale ordering mod i've seen somewhere, or some other list of all the stores products divided by category, to tick from lists of products, including specifying options.
4. Once the order is complete, they then search for the customer in the existing customer data.
5. If the user exists they go to the next stagee, if not they can then create that user.
6. they can then enter a coupon code or a manual discount (essentially a coupon-on-the-fly)
7. finally they enter the payment details, and submit the order. Again, no email is sent to the customers email address from this process. More payment options should be available than for the main store (ie cheque) as the order may have been received by mail.
8. They are presented with a prompt screen to ask if the customer would like to be sent log in details to be able to order online, and if they would like to be subscribed to the email newsletter. If the first one is ticked it sends an email to the customer with welcome details, if the second is ticked it adds them to the newsletter email list.
9. Then they are presented with an invoice, and a packing slip that they can print off.
10. The process is complete and they are returned to the starting screen.

I think that covers everything and more!
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------