View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 02:29 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: ez-Upsell & variant thumbnail images - 4.1.3

Hi Jon,

THANK YOU for bringing ezupsell to 4.1 land... not only "compatible" with 4.1, but the edits you made today make it "optimized" for 4.1 (in my opinion)

For anyone following this thread, ez-Upsell now (since today, in version 4.1.3) keeps the consistency of unique thumb images for variants, all the way through the checkout process.

1. In detailed product view (product.tpl) - if a customer selects a variant, and the variant has its own unique thumbnail image, then the unique thumb is displayed;

2. If the customer clicks on "add to cart" - as they are brought to the ez-upsell page, the customer will now see the correct, unique thumbnail image for the variant (exactly as in the product detail page) --AND the text for the variant/option <modules/Product_Options/display_options.tpl> is now available to ez-Upsell!! This helps the customer know that the EXACT product/variant combo is what they are buying -- no risk of an abandoned cart due to incomplete transaction info. This was a big complaint from my beta sites (they weren't sure what was added to their cart until final checkout);

3. If the customer clicks "checkout" in ez-Upsell (added.php) - then when cart.tpl is displayed, the EXACT thumb image that the customer has been viewing since the product page is displayed (and variant details)

This is EXACTLY how the UI should be -- the customer sees the exact product image and variant name all the way to checkout.

I'm not sure Jon has released this to the world yet (I'm still testing today's revision), but this fix for 4.1 makes ez-Upsell a SPECTACULAR addition to 4.1 -- especially if you are using product variant thumbs. ez-Upsell in 4.1 now seamlessly shows your product images and variant data all the way to checkout. Thanks, Jon, for making this happen.

With these changes, this now puts ez-Upsell as my #1 "must-have" mod.

[/unsolicited_rave_from_a_happy_customer]

Jeremy