View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:23 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: ez-Upsell & variant thumbnail images - 4.1.3

I tried a bunch of other edits on this issue -- damn... could it be in the encrypted, "added.php" code? I sure hope not...

As I've been adding hundreds of variants to my products this weekend, and some of my variants have the product's unique name and color IN THE THUMBNAIL IMAGE - it's pretty stupid to have the customer see the correct thumb image on the product page, then when they "add to cart", they see a thumb image of a different product (since ez-upsell is displaying the same thumb image as the DEFAULT product detail page thumbnail, which is the defualt variant thumb, not the "primary" thumb that is provided on the product detail page.) -- wow that's a mouthfull.

[note: x-cart needs to change the terminology of the thumbs since there are 2 distinct types of thumbs since 4.1:

a) the thumb that is displayed on category pages;
b) the thumb displayed on product detail pages -- and if there is a thumb associated with a variant, it supercedes thumb (a) on product detail pages]

THEN -- if the customer clicks on "checkout" - then they see the correct thumb, and the correct variant/product options (cart.tpl).

Of course, this only surfaced on 4.1, since there was no way to do this on a stock 4.0 config...

Jon, I know you're reading this! What am I missing here? Is there a magic line of code that will let me steal the same thumb image as cart.tpl and get it into ezupsell.tpl ?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Jeremy