View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Cart Lab phpBB Integration 2.0 Installation Troubles

I submitted a ticket to the Cart Lab site as well, but as I haven't had much luck receiving a response from them, I thought I would post it here as well in case anyone else has experienced these same problems.

Below is a summary of what I posted there:

I am having some trouble figuring out how to install the phpBB Integration 2.0 add-on. Specifically, it is redirecting to my home page when I try to access register.php.

I am familiar with PHP and MySQL, and know my way around programming and web server configuration in general. Although I haven't yet examined the code of the two files involved in this installation.

I will go through my issues step-by-step below. Please correct any assumptions made if necessary:

1) From the readme file, you say:
If you are using X-Cart version 4.0.x rename register.php in this archive to register_40x.php to register.php before copying.

I assume this is mis-typed, and you meant to say:
If you are using X-Cart version 4.0.x rename register_40x.php to register.php before copying.

2) From the readme file, you say:
Copy include/register.php over your existing one.

??? There is no 'include' directory in the archive I was given, so I copied the register.php file from the archives base directory. Also, I assume the "existing one" is the one in my xcart root directory? In my case, I copied register.php (originally register_40x.php) to {xcart root}/register.php.

So in all, I'd say the installation instructions leave a bit to be desired ... unless I'm completely missing something.

Also, while I'm at it, will all of my existing registered users (about 12,000 of them) be able to log in to X-Cart once this mod is in place? I just can't see how this mod will help me "Integrate phpBB" other than simply creating/updating my phpbb_users table through the X-Cart registration.

How will my existing users then be able to authenitcate through X-Cart? How would the X-Cart registration information be created when a new user registers through phpBB? My goal here is to make it so that my users, once registered with the main site, need not register or log in a second time for any other part of the site (namely X-Cart).

I am beginning to think that even IF I can get this product successfully installed, it will be woefully inadequate at integrating phpBB.

Thanks,

- Shane Sturgeon

xcart v4.1.7 [linux]