View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:18 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Dynamic Variant Images Display Mod

Fritz,

Nice code...

I don't have time to try it today, but i will, soon. And Jon, wow! Nice mod as well... I like your choice of using Lytebox.

One thing that you may want to think about for your product page Fritz, is a minor css tweak so the user has an idea that clicking on a thumbnail might do something. You might want to try a border/rollover, something like:

Code:
class="mouseover" onmouseover="this.className='mouseover2'" onmouseout="this.className='mouseover'"

Then, two css classes:

Code:
.mouseover { border: 1px solid; padding: 9px; border-color: #500000; background: #FFF0F5; text-align: center; } .mouseover2 { padding: 7px; border: 3px dotted #FF07CE; background: #dae8ff; text-align: center; }

...or something like that.

I embedded this into a TD, but I see no reason why you couldn't use this in a DIV as well. This will give your customer a sense that something will happen if they click. You could also use some javascript to do a transparency effect... whatever you choose, I would choose something, to indicate that if you click on a variant, something will happen. Just my UI geekness coming out.

Looking forward to playing with your code.

Thanks!

Jeremy