View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 06:45 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Google feed module issues

Ok here is what you need to do to resolve the issue. XC - I did find for you what's causing it. Now fix it in the module or console.php.

Open the database - phpmyadmin - and find table xc_tmp_vars. Search the table for "name LIKE 'feed'". You will see 3 entries like this

feedGenerationCancelFlag - b:0;
eventTaskState.feedGeneration - a:1:{s:5:"state";i:2;}
eedGenerationTickDuration - d:0.0189999999999999995281552145343084703199565410 ...

Delete eventTaskState.feedGeneration entry

Go to cart admin and the module settings page should load now. Run the feed generator.

For me this happened after cron ran console.php for cron tasks. This simply hangs on feed file generation after about 2/3 of the file has been exported. It is possible this is timeout issue but console.php should set it to 0 to begin with so there is no timeout set.

I am sure it may also happen if running from admin and the feed to export is too big. The process takes an awful amount of time to run. Just like every other import/export task in XC5 - waaaaaayyyyy to slow

Now because of this cron can't run on the site or it will hang every time leaving the Google Feed module inoperational.