View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 06:03 AM

Default Re: CMS Manager with built in HTML editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewebartist
What about the thought of implementing a bridge between an existing powerful CMS, such as Joomla, with X-cart? Something that would allow for single-sign on capability.. There is a developer on the joomla forums who is interested in developing such a bridge: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47123

It would make a lot of sense to build a bridge between the two since they are both established and supported web applications in their own respect. They would both be expandedable independently with their supported 3rd party add-ons (for x-cart) and open-source extensions (joomla) but still be linked (ie: being able to display products on joomla pages, linking to joomla articles and content sections from x-cart pages, etc.)

Any thoughts?

Well, that could be very interesting. As a Joomla user it is clear the power that would be added - but I think that the primo way to go would be a release of x-cart CMS as it would allow for all issues, including security, to be addressed under one roof. A component of x-cart to use with Joomla, similar to VirtueMart, could be good but I'd much rather have an all encompassing product from one source - - that's just my personal 'druthers, no criticism intended

I'm very pleased that this subject is being addressed, if only minimally - shows that there may be some interest from the good folks at X-Cart -- it would be a very good time to come out with a new product and with so many going CMS it only seems logical to showcase a new ecommerce version of CMS -- maybe we'll hear something soon!

Using X-Cart Gold 4.1.9