View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Canuck, the X-Payments problem is very specific to your server environment. It is not a common one. I see you reported it to our techs and they are working with you in your HelpDesk account.

If by working on it you mean they're telling me that aren't allowed to log in to xpayments to check it, then they're all over it. Otherwise so far they have been doing nothing for a few days now. Then they claimed they can't add any debug code after they had already done so and modified the core/bouncer.php file several messages earlier. Instead they're asking me to post bugs in your bug tracker... I paid for a working installation, not to help you debug code.

Quote:
re: partial capturing - please check whether or not your Payment gateway supports this at http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:User_manual#Appendix_A._Supported_payment _gateways - look for "p - partial transaction allowed" in "Capture" column for your payment gateway. If it is not there then your payment gateway doesn't support partial capturing, unfortunately. We added this feature to every integrated payment gateway that supports it.

Beanstream certainly does support partial capturing, whether you've implemented it in xpayments or not. I'm using it today, and in fact your team did the original work to allow pre-auth and partial capture in 4.1.10 before it was an option. Why you wouldn't implement it in xpayments I don't know but it's a needed feature. Without it I can't run my business.

I'd really be impressed if your dev/support team would not make me wait 24 hours between replies, when the replies have no substance or useful help, and I would be more impressed if they would perhaps get me some live communication, perhaps a chat, perhaps a screen share so that they could see what I'm seeing and any answers they need from me can be dealt with quickly. Maybe for starters they need to re-install the live/production version of xpayments and re-test it in case there was a bug in the code they installed on my test server.

What's really frustrating to me is that they installed xpayments... forgot to put in the php5.3 code and obviously didn't try a test checkout, otherwise they would have found the memory overflow error and the callback problem the same day they did the install. Last time I checked, installation service should include a test to make sure the installed product is working.

I'm very disheartened by this whole experience... For the last few months instead of adding new product, creating news, press releases and promoting my site in general, I've been stuck looking for a working solution here and elsewhere.