View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
> Alex, any update as to the 'final' release of X-Payments?

Actually, I was ready to announce it released today, but found the "Mastercard issue" reported here. We are finalizing this and going to announce XP released officially very soon.

I think it's time to make a comment here about XPayments. I've gone and set up a php 5.3 server with my host (costing me $$). I've paid Qualiteam to install a patch for 5.3 to 4.1.10 and also the connector and x-payments.

So far this experiment has been ongoing since June 25th and we don't have a working xpayments module. First it was crashing with out of memory errors which required some debugging code to be installed, then we're getting invalid callbacks. After a week of messing around my last comment from Qualiteam was to 'check my settings in xpayments'.. which brought me to my second official complaint against the job so far - I paid for install and set up - why am I checking settings?? I keep getting vague short answers after waiting 24 hours between replies because of the time zone difference.

Then there's the fact that XPayments requires a username, password and PIN code just to log in - the pin codes expire and change every time one logs in, so that means you now need to store PIN codes somewhere - which seems to reduce security, not enhance it.

Then I can't seem to get it to partial capture funds - and again I'm told it may not support this - I can't run without partial capture.

I'm normally a pretty patient guy but this is turning in to a major cluster cluck if you get my drift.