View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 08:59 AM

Advanced Member

Default X-Payments: moving customers from one connected shop to another?

Hello X-Cart X-Perts,

Sorry I am missing you in Chicago this week! Hope you are having fun and doing brisk business.

Today I received a great question from a well-funded client who wants to know if they are "locked-in" to our X-Cart ecommerce solution once their customers save thousands of credit cards via X-Payments 2.2.

What if, for example, they have a new custom store built from scratch on Magento and import all their X-Cart customer data to the new store?

Could we connect their new Magento store to our existing X-Payments installation in a way that allows customers to continue using their previously saved credit cards for purchases in the new Magento store?

Or could they achieve this outcome by funding development of an integration between X-Payments and another ecommerce front end?

The client is able to fund custom development if necessary. They don't have a firm plan to do this, they just want to know if this flexibility is possible or impossible with X-Payments.

If anyone knows the answer to this question, I thank you in advance for passing along your insights!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
X-Cart Gold 4.6.6
Using X-Payments 2.x with saved credit cards & subscription mode enabled.