View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

We are using the X-Cart OPC with PayPal Payments Advanced. All is normal up to where the checkout popup comes up. Desktop checkouts are ok, of course. We tested on the only two phones we had here that day, and PayPal says they saw no problems with the Samsung Galaxy S5. I don't know enough about mobile devices to even begin to guess why scrolling behaves differently.

I edited and left the iframe height at 900px and width at 700px(?), and that allows the Samsung S3 to checkout using Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin phone apps when held horizontally. The extra width was not needed, just more height. I still could not scroll horizontally.

With the iPhone 4 I could not check out at all with the new window size. If there is no error message, I could enter a CC number, but nothing else. With the iPhone 4 I could scroll horizontally, but not vertically.

I tried to check the stylesheet using Firebug, but it leads me to a cached version, and when I download that cached version and search for the 'scroll 0 0' Firebug reported, it's not there. Again, I don't know enough to know if I'm doing this right.

EDIT: FYI, we also have OPC and PayPal Payments Advanced on an X-Cart 4.5.3 site and Ability template. Trying to check out there with our mobile devices does not work at all, but it's not a mobile friendly setup, which is why I want to move all our stores to reBOOT.

Thanks for your help.