View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:22 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperB
This is great. I really appreciate this mod. Looks good and very user friendly.

Will you be posting the code for the registration / checkout pages (shipping address is hidden)?

Unfortunately when I comes to java I am a complete novice.

Thanks

CopperB,

I've modded my skin1/customer/main/register.tpl a bit. Here is what I have.

Code:
<tr> <td align="left" width="50%"><table>{include file="main/register_billing_address.tpl" userinfo=$userinfo}</table>Shipping same as billing? Yes<input type="radio" name="shipping" checked="checked" onclick="flipdiv('shippingaddress','hide')" /> No<input type="radio" name="shipping" onclick="flipdiv('shippingaddress','show')" /></td> <td align="left" valign="top"><table id="shippingaddress" style="display: none;">{include file="main/register_shipping_address.tpl" userinfo=$userinfo}</table></td> </tr>

That's it, along with the essential javascript flipdiv function you can do that to most any block type HTML tags.

I would give more advice, but like I said, I have changed the layout of my register forms which changes the HTML from the default install.

Also, just an FYI, it's JavaScript. It's completely different from Java, why it was named JavaScript is beyond me, but it is not Java at all. I think when it first came out it was called Livescript by Netscape but someone changed it to JavaScript to jump on the then Java Band Wagon.