View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 11:18 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: One Page Checkout: Personal Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Davy, you can certainly assign the name with Javascript. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2004315/populate-1-form-field-based-on-another

I believe (test this before you trust it), that you can simply remove those fields from the Personal Information section, and XC will use the billing info instead. I have yet to check this myself, but I imagine that is how QT would do it.

Probably the Personal information section should not be used by default on new installs. Very confusing and frustrating to have these additional fields. We need to keep field entry to an absolute minimum. I have been investigating replacing Captcha with a fairly complex honeypot system, to be able to remove this bothersome step from checkout.

Is this correct, that the name etc taken from the billing information? I would like to have one name, first name, address etc. as this makes no sense for digital products. Please someone from XC confirm how to simply have:

First Name
Name
Address
City
ZIP
Country

... on the checkout and users account. Of course the option of having a second shipping address is great but this is just ridiculous.