View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 AM

eXpert

Default X-Payments 1.0.6 on 4.5.3 not so good so far

I set up a 4.5.5 store as planned using my 'mobile' license, but have had trouble in moving the license under the 'My Licenses' tab at the Help Desk. I wrote for help on that.

Meanwhile, I still wanted to try 1.0.6, so instead tried to get it running on a live 4.5.3 store currently using 1.0.5.

Initially there was in "Internal Error" message that came up and the credit card form never appeared. The error log said to go into X-Payments and approve a template file change, which I did and the error went away. I don't recall this happening when I went from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5. I personally changed no files.

After that 1.0.6 would show the card form and the cards would be charged, but would not return the customer to the site. The screen would be all white except in the upper left corner it says "Please wait while processing the payment details ...".

If an order is canceled while on the payment page, the customer sees a totally white page.

Behavior is the same on Chrome and FF. Trying it with the store both off and on made no difference.

Checking the forum for similar experiences, what I saw did not seem to match my case. So I decided to put 1.05 back into service.

Initially it behaved the same, so I did a round of payment method deletion, cache clearing, etc and 1.0.5 eventually returned to behave as it did before.

I see nothing in the error logs to suggest why X-Payments 1.0.6 would not take me back to the site in any case. When (if?) my 4.5.5 test site license gets moved I'll have more time to check it out because it won't be a real site and I don't have to worry about loss of sales. I may also clone the 4.5.3 onto the test site and try it that way.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Successful transaction info reported back to X-Cart did NOT includes a transaction ID. Is this another example of not reporting back?
EDIT2: Oops. I just realized that I changed X-Payments versions and the 1.0.6 is unable to report back now.