View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 01:04 PM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6 released

To everyone who has so far posted on this thread

Guys, I just want to say how helpful it's been to read this thread. I'm about to trial-upgrade two sites on my dev server; a 4.4.4 > 4.6.0 and a 4.5.5 > 4.6.0. I've spent most of today just setting up various shop copies to begin the leap-frogging process for 4.4.4 and have already fought hard with the extra security issues so I could break back into my site[s]. As the dev server is on an internal network it doesn't send me email messages, so I can't very well use Forgotten Password. Turning off the new security items in config.php greatly simplified things with a replaced (i.e. imported) blowfish key.

In a strange way it's actually very heartening to see the curses and shrieks of long-time senior users on this thread - they've made a huge time investment in many generations of this software and are giving time [again] to the forum discussion. It puts my day's frustration into perspective. If they can still stick at it, I guess I can.

So a big thank you to one & all, but especially to Addison, Carpeperdiem & Steve[cflsystems] who featured here a lot and appear to have been digging into the code-base very productively on everyone else's behalf.