View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 11:59 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: XC5 Helpdesk delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Core
Has anyone else had/have delay/none response from helpdesk?
Starting to get nervous that after waiting they will respond with a "pay for service" solution.

Just checking to make sure its not just me.

(did not put this in the rant and rave section because me being a noob to XC might be the reason im put on the back burner)

My name is Alex Dyachkov, I'm the Head of Support at X-Cart.

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delay in answering to you. Ideally, we all want our questions to be answered immediately, that's understandable. Let me shed some light on why there was a delay.

The thing is that our technical support is commercial based. Frankly speaking it always has been so. X-Cart 5 Business license doesn't include any support at all. You can subscribe to it separately though:

https://www.x-cart.com/technical-support.html

It's only $82.5/mo in case of the annual subscription. I reckon it's a fair price for the unlimited number of support requests during the whole year.

However, we answer all requests no matter whether a client has got an active support subscription or not. All the requests without active support are placed into so-called limited free support queue. Needless to say that it has a lower priority in comparison to the paid support. Sometimes, this queue might be overloaded with requests which explains the delay you've got. Within this service we try to provide a possible solution for the problem troubleshooting. In case there is a thorough investigation required we offer to purchase the support service.

Now speaking of the time frames. Steve mentioned a reply within 1 business day. It seems that Steve hasn't dealt with X-Cart customers for a very long time now )

We intensively working on keeping up with the latest tendencies in e-commerce industry and I'm proud to say that we achieved the following figures for the average response time in January:

Support - 4.72 hours
Limited free support - 10.15 hours

I also noticed that you're hosted with us. Thus, the following figure will be also interesting for you:

Average response time of X-Cart Hosting engineers on server related topics - 3.29 hours.

Moreover, the Enterprise hosting plan includes the premium customer care service. All the support tickets of these clients are marked as HotRush with a response time of several minutes.

P.S.: As for the ticket you posted, one of our support engineers has already contacted you in HelpDesk

Thank you.