View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 09:06 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsecror
It may be in your best interests to also support Payment gateways that take the whole processing out entirely but without requiring the customer to go offsite such as Braintree's Transparent Gateway. For many merchants including us it is not an acceptable or viable solution to have our customers redirect off-site (we do thousands of transactions a week). I also do not want to have to be forced to invest unnecessary funds in a completely separate box for a program that may or may not work (plus I don't trust encrypted code because it's security and stability cannot be audited effectively). Nor do I want to deal with the fact that if the program happens to break due to poor QA testing of having downtime till a engineer looks at which would be a problem anyway because I don't allow unauthorized personnel access to our facilities or servers. Granted right now until I transition us over to Braintree we are out of scope since I re-wrote X-Cart's payment core to forcefully truncate the credit card numbers in compliance with PCI but that's something I can't keep doing, hence the Braintree transition.

Braintree looks good. Too bad they don't have Canadian merchant accounts. They mention that they have partners in Canada for merchant accounts to use with their gateway though. I'll have to check it out. Their transparent gateway could be a good solution.

Jason