View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Matrix
That is what I thought after reading through the thread again. I do not mind a little longer like 5 seconds but 20 - 30 seconds on a high speed connection is too long I think. Keep in mind that the long load time is only for apparel items and not for promotional products on the site. I need to have some people look at the site for input on the loading time. If you have any suggetion that might help I will look into it. Most of the large images are 500px to 600px wide so they are not hugh in file size.
I have taken a look at the site and went through some of the apparel items. The first time they load, it does take longer because you are generating about 20 - 30 images. There is the main image, the thumbnails, the rollover images and all the popup detail images.

The second time that I went to the page, the page loaded better. You are still generating thumbs for the recommended products at the bottom of the page and since you are randomly displaying them, you will most likely get new ones when you visit the page. Once these are generated the first time, the next time they are shown, the images will be drawn from the cache and will not have to be done again.

I did have it load once with some products that were used before and the speed was great.

Bottom line - you just need to visit the pages so that the images will be generated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Matrix
Another thing I have notice are the images for the thumbs and products are not as clean and crisp as if I was using an image for each size. Example go to http://www.thepromoshop.com/products/mens-classico-analog-watch.html and look at the product image which is distorted along with the popup. Next click the thumb, which is a detail image I made and it is clear and crisp. Any suggestions to help with the images be clear and crisp? I even change the thumb in the admin for that product to be 500 px wide and it did not help the product image clearity.

Try playing with the quality setting in Admin as well as trying it with the Unsharp Mask turned off. These together will allow you to generate the best thumbs for your situation.