View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 02:40 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart Ability Template v4.4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Hi David, thanks for your interest, just putting final touches to it and am rushing to get it released before xmas.

It will work with v4.4.1, but to make the most of it and remain as bug-free as possible, I'd strongly suggest upgrading to the latest v4.4.4 (I'm using the Dec 15th release of v4.4.4 Gold as a test bed).

Price will be $169. Existing Smart Template purchasers can get a 25% discount.

I'll be bundling some freebies in with it also.

Sounds good mate. I have just had to reprovision my new server so fresh start again. May try installing 4.4.4 and see if I can import the products from the live site, the only issue I have is that the site has way to many categories and its a nightmare to try and sort them out and get them working with the newer versions of xcart.

The previous admin for the site has created a very complex .htaccess file with lots of 301 redirects for the different categories, I may actually try and start a fresh but there are about a 1000 products and really don't want to have to go through the process of adding them all again manually but it may be a necessary step to get the site looking the way I want.

My main concern is the SEO of the site but to be honest its not ranking great for the keywords I want to use to promote the business so this may just be the kick up the butt i need to get things changed over and stop working with someone else's mess.

Looking forward to your release mate, $169 is very reasonable considering the amount of work you have put in to this.

Hope you have a great Christmas and and even better new year.

All the best

D-A
Ability Theme
CDSEO
xCMS
Abandoned Cart
Food Packaging Scotland