View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM

eXpert

Default Re: NEW xcart template - xtreme Gear

We are in the process of installing this template and have received little support so far.
This is not a rant but rather some feedback.
This is one of the most expensive templates I found, but also the sleekest.
If I get this working, I will post a link in this thread to add to the other 2 mentioned above.
Seems most templates displaying images don't have a maximum x and y pixel value set such as:
- Featured categories on front page
- Manufacturers.php
In some cases images are being stretched and shrunk to fit in a predefined box.
You will need to make sure all your graphics are properly formatted/cropped.
This is great to know when you start a new store but if you are coming from an existing store, expect a lot of formatting.
Or, if you know CSS, start playing with those values.
the recommended thumbnail dimensions: 150 x 150 and stick to it!
Using multi currencies, the alternate currency display gets cut off on the right hand side.
Looks like the template is not displaying 4 columns in all browsers. IE8 on XP-Pro seems the worst. I get anywhere between 2 to 3 column. It also varies between search results, manufacturers and categories. However, the xgear DEMO store displays correctly.
The demo store is using like a magnifying feature on large images. I can't make this work. It may be another module you need to buy?
On product pages, when there are "product classes" assigned for comparison, the button "Add To List..." brings up a sub menu which doesn't look pretty.
There is a nice "To Wish List" button but I think you forgot to format the "To comparison list" button.
It just displays text. xCart out of the box displays a box for the "To comparison list".
Also, I recommend to put the "product classes" in a tab. When displaying many class fields, the entire layout starts overlapping other elements.
Product template for products with "product classes" create java script errors.
When a "0" price is set, expect the products.tpl to overlap other elements, specifically the comparison buttons.
Overall, the template is surprisingly fast. We are on a dedicated server with Handson.

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE