View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebekisses.com
you need to get the mod_rewrite rules setup in your apache installation.

it would probably save you a lot of headaches to do a small linux VM (128MB/etc) for dev. sooo much cleaner. APache + php on windows is such a PITA.

Thanks for the tip. I get XC-SEO working on my development system. Moved it to my live site and I am back to the 404 errors. Is there any way that I can check to see if mod_rewrite is turned on on my live server? I mean other than getting the 404 errors? Here is the text of my .htaccess file:

# .htaccess file for Island Creations

# general stuff
Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

# The starting place is...
DirectoryIndex index.php

# Prevent reading of .htaccess file
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

# prevent image/file hijacking
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?islandcreations-online.com/.*$ [NC]
#RewriteRule \.(gif|jpg|js|css)$ - [F]

# block all smarty templates (no reason to have these exposed)
RedirectMatch gone ^/.*\.tpl$

# block the entire log directory
ReDirect gone /log

# block all .log (log files), .sql (sql dump/export) and .conf (config files) files
# in case some day these files move to another directory
RedirectMatch gone ^.*\.(sql|log|conf)$

# block access to the 'Smarty-*' directory
RedirectMatch gone ^.*Smarty.*$

# block access to /upgrade
Redirect gone /upgrade

# block access to /skin1_original
Redirect gone /skin1_original

# block access to the /sql directory
Redirect gone /sql

# block access to the /shipping directory
Redirect gone /shipping

# block access to the pgp directories
Redirect gone /.pgp
Redirect gone /.pgp.def

#XC-SEO

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root xcart folder (i.e. RewriteBase /shop)
RewriteBase /Island_Creations

# Enable the following 3 lines if you want to make sure
# all users use the www. version of your domain.
# Helps prevent cookie issues for some X-Cart installations
#RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^YOURDOMAIN.com [NC]
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/$1 [R=301,L]

##### XC SEO
# Rewrite SEO category URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&ca t=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&ca t=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&ca t=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&ca t=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?cat=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO manufacturers URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=0&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=1&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2& page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manuf acturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manuf acturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=0&manufacturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=1&manufacturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manuf acturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manuf acturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO product URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$4&cat=$2&page =$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO static page URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pg-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1pages.php?printable=Y&pageid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pg-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1pages.php?pageid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO search URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?([^/]+)-search-c-([0-9]+)(-[^-]+)*\.html$ $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?([^/]+)-search(-[^-]+)*\.html$ $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2 [QSA,L]
##### / XC SEO

I agree about the Apache and PHP on Windows, but I get it all working so I'm happy for now.

Thanks