View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
We learned that admin passwords can no longer be "simple". So it's probably best to change them before the upgrade.

Actually, if admin had "simple" password before upgrade he should be able to use it successfully after upgrade.
However, it can be changed only to "strong" password and we strongly recommend to do this after upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
I did that through my store, everything seemed to patch fine but when it was done it logged out and I could never log back in. If I looked at the database version it still showed 4.5.4 but the files were 4.5.5. So tried to figure out a way to manually upgrade the database, patched it but no, it still wouldn't work. You could log in as a customer but not as admin.

Regarding the issue with inability to log in after upgrade - it can be caused only by incorrectly performed upgrade.
It may happen due to different reasons - manual apply, highly cusmozied store, etc.
We've also found out that unticking "Tick here to continue upgrading regardless of the found problems" checkbox may solve the problem. Please try it.

Meanwhile, we are now working on the new upgrade pack which should also solve these issues. It will be released soon.