View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:15 PM

eXpert

This thread certainly has the forum buzzing! The new features look great. Just to add my thoughts to the matter, all I think have been mentioned before:

1. Templates - definately need a good clean up, remove excessive redundant tags and strip away as many embedded tables as possible. Need to move to a well structured CSS framework as well to help avoid editing dozens of files on every install you make.

Personally I would prefer it if the base installation had a very basic template set that can easily be extended/improved as the designer requires. As it is the templates are complex and require lots of time to modify, it's easier to add code than take away!

2. Buttons templates - needs to be a lot simpler, why run the button process through 2 or 3 templates when you can just have one.

3. Improved checkout - any improvement here is a plus! My clients customers are alway geting confused by the 'register' part while ordering - is it possible to optionally make a 'fast checkout', ie

1. Enter name/address
2. Enter cc/payment info
3. Make payment

- with no hint of username/password. Make it quick and easy.

I think X-carts direction should next move towards site optimisation. there's no reason why the base template set can't be rewritten in a reasonable time and included in a maintenance release?