View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Advanced Member

Angry Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 & PCI-DSS requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Because that would be against PA-DSS compliance regs - people would use it WITHOUT the DPM plug-in and be out of compliance. They would need to come up with a way to only enable it if the DPM plug-in is present.

Then x-cart should offer a plug-in themselves for DPM. Just removing an option in return for a $1200 scare-tactic-laden option is wrong. When most people purchased x-cart, they did so with the advertised feature of having payment gateway options from Authorize.net. Furthermore, the customization options that x-cart offers made it seem like we could keep the nice clean behind-the-scenes payment. To remove that and force the polar opposite or a high-priced solution goes against what purchasing x-cart used to be all about. LightweightCommerce is going to be even more confining. Most people bought x-cart to be used as a storefront first and foremost. Removing critical major features in return for a you must buy x-payment or else mentality is getting old.

Despite past misgivings, I just had clientele purchase five new licenses of Pro. Now I am starting to wonder if that was the wrong thing to do. I wanted to keep a little faith, but this throws that faith all alway, almost as much as the switch to LiteCommerce as a core and product name.

I renew my request. I want a justification of the X-Payments price tag if they want any licenses from us or our clientele.
Add-on: X-SpecialOffers
Add-on: X-GiftRegistry
Add-on: X-AOM (Advanced Order Management)
Add-on: X-FancyCategories
Add-on: Custom Multi-currency