View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 PM

X-Man

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

It could be an AJAX for refreshing page according to the filters, but ...

If you have tons of attributes like brands, sizes, ... imagine that you have to wait the results for every check of the box. This is time consuming, as it is now, RefineFilters allows you to change your mind without reloading page content, you can enable/disable filter attributes without that time consuming. Without seeing this in practice is very hard to decide. I agree AJAX is OK, but imagine you are looking for a motherboard, there are a lot of attributes like brand, socket, size, RAM, ... As you suggest I have to wait page reloading for every attribute, I cannot choose fast two attributes and see the result. It is only one page per selection. I did this on many websites and I got tired, becoming very hungry.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com