View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 02:46 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
It would appear that some are not giving consideration to the two different registration forms.

Remeber, there is a Checkout sign up page AND and general register page.

They dont have the same sign up fields.
The general sign up page does not ask for the a Name twice, the checkout sign up does.

So on the general signup you have no name field to carry across twice, hence the error.

Either create two templates for this or use this .js code:
Code:
function InitSaveVariables_shipping(form){ s_address = form.s_address.value; s_address_2 = form.s_address_2.value; s_city = form.s_city.value; s_state = form.s_state.value; _s_state = form._s_state.value; s_country = form.s_country.value; s_zipcode = form.s_zipcode.value; } function copybilling(form){ if (form.copyb.checked){ InitSaveVariables_shipping(form); form.s_address.value = form.b_address.value; form.s_address_2.value = form.b_address_2.value; form.s_city.value = form.b_city.value; form.s_state.value = form.b_state.value; form._s_state.value = form._b_state.value; form.s_country.value = form.b_country.value; form.s_zipcode.value = form.b_zipcode.value; } else { form.s_address.value = ""; form.s_address_2.value = ""; form.s_city.value = ""; form.s_state.value = form.b_state.value; form._s_state.value = ""; form.s_country.value = form.b_country.value; form.s_zipcode.value = ""; } }

The code works great except for one thing.

Here is my situation

My default country is Canada, so once I enter the registration page automatically country Canada is selected and you can choose Canadian Provinces.

Now, when a customer from US comes on the page and enters his address, changes country to United Stetes, and then chooses one of the US states, and everything seems OK

Then when you click on

"Use billing same as shipping addres" everything gets moved to the Shipping section, except for the states still show only Canadian Provinces even though the country changed to United States, you can only select Canadian province here.

Please let me know if this can be resolved somehow.

Thanks for the great mod.
Tom