View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 01:44 PM

X-Man

X-Cart I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

Just installed the beta and I am totally blown away. You guys caught so many of the needed upgrades and enhancements.

I love the

Send to Friend
Advanced Product and User Search in the Admin
Manufacturers List
US / Canada / UK default setup
Email notification on/off options
Checkboxes in the admin for products/users/orders

I saw one thing that you absolutely have to fix. Please make the option to Compile Templates more obviously UNDESIREABLE. Too many users work on their store and then think they should compile templates. Frequently this limits their abillity to continue to edit via language variables. The text surrounding this needs to be bettered to communicate effectively that compiling is unreversable to modified templates.

We could also use the option to copy our modified templates to the skin1_original directory as masters. After all, we can always download our distribution again if we need to restore the default, but for people like myself with so many modified templates, it becomes key to have the abillity to restore my "Last Known Good Configuration".

Most importantly please split Nunavut and the Northwest Territories up for Canadians. These are two different shipping zones with different Shipping rates. They should NOT be lumped together.

I haven't found bugs yet, but I also haven't played much. John80y and I are gunna mess around with this thing and see what we can screw up. \