View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 06:42 AM

eXpert

Default Shipping in a 'separate box'

Hi folks

In 5.x, how exactly is the 'Separate Box' checkbox in a product supposed to affect shipping?

In 4.x, I thought that if you selected this option (or it's equivalent - I haven't used 4.x for some time), that item was treated as separate for shipping purposes. In other words, if I ordered two items, and one had 'separate box' checked, then they would effectively be charged for two lots of shipping. Also, I thought each box had shipping applied individually according to the shipping rules I had configured.

It is possible that I am not remembering that situation correctly because that certainly doesn't seem to be how it is working for me in 5.x.

I have a product that is configured as 'Separate box', and which should have a shipping rate of £10 on its own. If I add just that item to my basket, all is well, however, if I add one other item to the basket, instead of adding both shipping rates together as I expected, the two items seem to be consolidated for shipping (unfortuntately, at a much lower rate!).

I am not using any automatic or dimensional shipping calculations. I just have flat rate shipping tables that are dependent on weight and location. I notice that the 'Separate Box' checkbox does have a dimensional element, so is that where the problem is?

Many thanks

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk