View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 01:40 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

POST UPDATED 15th Oct 2019

You can actually use WP v5.2.4, which the demo is using (also using PHP v7.3.9)

WP auto-updates can break the blog, so I recommend disabling them in favour of manual updates...

In /blog/wp-config.php at the very end insert...
Code:
define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', false );
/blog/includes/script-loader.php is a core file that sometimes get's overwritten when an update is performed.

If the blog is broken as a result of an update, in /blog/includes/script-loader.php *

Replace...
Code:
// jQuery $scripts->add( 'jquery', false, array( 'jquery-core', 'jquery-migrate' ), '1.12.4-wp' ); $scripts->add( 'jquery-core', '/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js', array(), '1.12.4-wp' ); $scripts->add( 'jquery-migrate', "/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate$suffix.js", array(), '1.4.1' );
With...
Code:
// jQuery if(is_admin()) { // reBOOT Template $scripts->add( 'jquery', false, array( 'jquery-core', 'jquery-migrate' ), '1.12.4-wp' ); $scripts->add( 'jquery-core', '/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js', array(), '1.12.4-wp' ); $scripts->add( 'jquery-migrate', "/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery-migrate$suffix.js", array(), '1.4.1' ); } // reBOOT Template
You should also ensure that /blog/.htaccess is blank and non-writable, so CHMOD it to 444, which you may or may not be able to do in your FTP client, in which case use your control panel file manager to change it's permissions.

That's really all you need to know. The Alienship theme has to be used as it's Bootstrap 3 based. The next reBOOT reDUX blog uses this theme instead which is Bootstrap 4 based.

Some WP plugins will work, some may not. You should also be aware that some plugins may be dangerous or call home etc. so be careful what you install.

I recommend using the Yoast plugin for tweaking the SEO.

reBOOT reDUX has it's own blog feature if you don't wish to use WP. I am trying to get reDUX finished ASAP.

* IMPORTANT UPDATE:

To avoid the issue with /blog/includes/script-loader.php
In /blog/wp-content/themes/alienship/functions.php
At the end insert...
Code:
if (!is_admin()) { wp_deregister_script('jquery'); wp_register_script('jquery', '', '', '', true); }