View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:35 AM

eXpert

Default Sign in box invisible when slick slider is on the page

Hi,

I'm tinkering with xcart 4.7.5 before I upgrade later this year (I said that last year I'm sure), and I have a custom skin based on Light Responsive.

www.traininglines.co.uk in subdirectory /475

I have added some Slick Slider banner/carousels to my home page, but I found out yesterday that on Safari (5.1.7 on Windows 10), these sliders seem to have a profound effect on the Sign In dialog box.

If I click 'Sign In', the screen goes dark as expected but the box doesn't appear for some reason. It is there - inspect element does trace it out in the correct position, and when I move the mouse around where it should be, the pointer changes to indicate that I am hovering over the fields and buttons. It is simply invisible.

This problem does not occur in any other browser I have tried (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari on my iPhone 4). Nor does it occur in Safari on any other page where there are no sliders (admittedly I haven't tested many of them), or if I remove the sliders from my home page.

There may be a very simple explanation for this, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. I'm hoping someone may have come across this before.

If you have any pointers to get me started, I would really appreciate the help.

Many thanks
Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk