View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:44 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Let me explain: I can change how out of stock products are displayed by checking/unchecking "show out of stock products" in general settings. If this option is not active (unchecked) a product which is available for sale but has quantity 0 does not show in listings.
But it does show in all filters. One cannot filter to see it but it shows in price range, manufacturer filter, etc.

Example: lets make a product with $1 price (and 1 available) in a category where every other product costs more than $100. Filters show price range from 1 to ie. $200. This is how it is supposed to work.
Now what happens if we buy this product? It disappears from product listing . Good, this works the way we want, we unchecked "show out of stock" checkbox in general settings. But the price filter still shows price range from 1 to 200. The only difference is the beggining of the line is gray. So if one filters for $1 range, gets nothing.
This is the reason I wrote you should make it inline with general design. If I can uncheck this option in general settings for displaying products, I should be able to uncheck it in Refine Filters, so the price range is not from 1 to 200, but refreshes to 100-200 or so.
Either I do not understand something or missed some options. But I cannot see any.