View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: List instead of grid in cloud version

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
But isn't this the power of XC5 as QT says - no need to modify core files, all is done with modules so it shouldn't matter if it is SaaS or own copy - the module can be installed and modify default behavior.
Or this is not the case?
Yes, this is the case. But I do not believe that the cloud version can install custom made modules. Cloud should have access to all commercially released modules, but it is lacking the ability to upload and install a custom module. Additionally you do not have FTP access to the server, so you cannot setup your own customizations to the code.

As I understand the OP is asking about installing some custom module. If the module is in the marketplace it can be used on cloud, but if not you are out of luck. Downloadable versions do not have this limitation. Like I said, this is acceptable and normal for a cloud solution. Customers choose the cloud because they do not want to deal with their own server and customizing code.

With cloud, if it cannot be accomplished through CSS changes or a marketplace module, then it cannot be done.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.