View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 04:44 AM

X-Man

Default Re: Ideas implemented within X-Cart 5.1.4

Good job Tony. Please search for my ideas inside XC4 or the ones I voted already (Addison). My experience with a few shopping carts over 12 years is there. If you move XC4 good features to XC5, with good documentation too, more will migrate to XC5. Also 3rd party developers could evaluate if they can migrate their best selling modules to XC5.

You should have documentation split like Smarty: for developers and for designers. Make a series of tutorials for both, there is a lack of information in this moment. Mike also did a great job for XC4 with his videos, but we should have same for XC5.

Just think about you take a person who know programming and feed it from scratch to eat XC5. What they need basic to understand the code, and so on. Give hundreds of examples and you will see how many could join your ideas and vision about seeing the product.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com