View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Customize Email/Invoice Notifications

Hi Tony,

I did the latest update today (5.1.4) - and it did not fix the e-mails issue - in fact, the first customer that placed an order got seven (yes, seven) emails. I would prefer to just turn off the automatic e-mails altogether - is that an option?? The subject of the messages always has an exclamation point after the order number, which is unprofessional and not necessary. I changed a lot of the punctuation to be correct (in the edit labels tab of the translations page), but the first sentence of the "Your order has changed" e-mail has no punctuation and I can not find it in the "edit labels" tab to fix - it looks terribly unprofessional - it could at least say "Your order status has changed." - but the whole message is completely unnecessary.

Bottom line, when a customer places an order, any time the status changes, they are receiving two e-mails - for example, if I change the status of an order to "processing", the customer receives an e-mail that states "your order has changed" AND an e-mail stating "your order is processing".....it does the same thing when the status is changed to shipped. My customers don't want or need two e-mails each time their status changes - one is sufficient.

Any advice?? Am I able to turn off the automatic e-mails completely?? Your assistance is truly appreciated.

Belinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_sologubov
Hi Belinda!

X-Cart 5.1.4 will include number of fixes about Paypal. If the problem remains after upgrade, please let me know and I will look into it.

Tony.