Thread: Websitecm?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 03:47 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Websitecm - real company or scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie s
I would like an answer to the question myself.

Hi Sophie,

Welcome to X-Cart.
I'm just a customer (owner of a B2C site) so I have zero to gain by replying to you... but you need to understand a few things:

Jon Peters is one of x-cart's top-10 devs (if I said top-3, I'd be pissing someone off).

You make some blanket statements that show your newbie-ness, and maybe if you asked questions, you wouldn't come off as, well, I wouldn't want to sell you anything if you spoke to me like that.

Quote:
If this company has such vast experience and age, then they should know they need to supply a phone number and answer emails from people, especially after taking someones money.

IN our business (especially tech), we buy and sell without EVER speaking to our suppliers or customers. Email, text, tweets, PM and other written communication. I've spent $10,000+ on developers without ever having a voice call.

Quote:
Every website is required to have valid contact information when selling products of any kind taking money of any kind

Required? By whom? What country? What state? What time zone? Our businesses are global and our suppliers may not be in your time zone. I have hired devs from India, Ireland, Russia, UK, Canada and Pennsylvania, USA. Because we may be 13 time zones away from our developer, voice usually doesn't matter.

Quote:
And if they get in trouble xcart should be aware since they listed them they could be liable as well

Liable for what? X-Cart is a Russian company. WebsiteCM is Canadian. GO ahead and litigate. I'll buy the popcorn.

I've been here 8 years. I would jump off a cliff with Jon not knowing if he packed the parachute before I would trust X-Cart code out-of-the-box for anything.

Quote:
So maybe xcart should not be posting them to the list until this stuff is cleared up

If WebsiteCM drops X-Cart development, the sound you hear of store admins (like me) leaving X-Cart for another platform will be be pretty significant.

This wasn't supposed to be a love letter to WCM, but Jon's top-tier and he shouldn't have to justify if his phone number is published for pre-sales or not.