View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 06:05 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: xBanners2 - The ultimate Banner Manager for x-cart just got even better

I am posting this in public forum (vs. email to TXS) so that the community can weigh in on this, and tell TXS this is important, or tell me that I am the only guy in the parade in-step...

In my opinion, xBanners2 scheduling is incomplete and missing an important scheduling function.
It does work as it was designed, but I believe the design has a big flaw...

Merchants don't only display banners for limited hours on odd numbered days.
Merchants want to schedule a banner to start at a specific day/time, and then end at a specific day/time.

For example, start a banner at 1900 on 28 Nov and display the banner continuously until 0400 on 30 nov.
Or start a banner now and display continuously until 2359 on 3 Dec.
I can't think of any banner that I would want to display only during limited hours, daily. But in fairness, I'm sure there is someone that can find that useful -- but...

Merchants typically want to schedule an event to start a time, and then end a time.

xBanners2 is missing this functionality.

In comparison, Altered Cart On Sale permits sales to start at an exact date/time and end at an exact date/time. LinkShare affiliate links can be scheduled to the hour (start and stop). AdWords and Bing campaigns can be scheduled to the minute. Campaigns start, run, then end. They don't usually stop on even number days.

The point -- many/some/most merchants want to build out campaigns with a future start date/time, run the campaign continuously, then end the campaign. Right?

Bonus - permit the campaign to pause or not run during certain hours -- but ultimately, it has a start time and an end time. And the start/end time is not PER DAY --

And only running the campaign on even days or odd days is quite strange --- unless we are in a rationing situation?

TXS, please fix xBanners2 -- I did not appreciate having to wait until 3am to change my banners each night this weekend. You guys owe me a few night's sleep.

Does everyone agree with me? Share it with TXS.