View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 09:32 PM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.6.1 released

@ Steve,

We are still new to X-Cart (Paid on May 2013), so we have a fair bit of learning to do ourselves.. though that is quite disappointing to know that the UX has been the same (broken) for that long without being fixed.

I've been working in enterprise ecommerce for years, and when I see things like this (which are regarded as standard items) not working correctly.. It just causes a lot of time and resources on our end to resolve.. which we shouldn't be.

As of tonight, we are clocking close to 85 hours just on UX custom changes we've made to the site. These UX changes include the Account Area, Checkout, Product Page, Ratings Area and Admin Backend area.

I'm not sure if its OCD or just extensive years spent QAing projects I've managed, but I always tend to test every case scenario and flow possible before launching a project.. just to get it crystal clear..

Normally what I do is also pay for a small focus group of users to go through a site and tell me their reactions.. sometimes seeing how potential customers might see or say when they visit your site is very important.
Braintree
Popup Anywhere
Abandoned Cart Reminder
Cloud Backup
Kayako Integration
Rich Google Search Results
Pin Code/License Key
Remember Me