View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: NEW xcart template - xtreme Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage00
I purchased this skin and like it. A few issues though. I have products with options and the ajax cart in the header does not show the options for the product. So if a customer purchases a shirt, blue size small. it only says 'Shirt' and price. If they purchase 5 of the same shirt in different colors, there is no way to see the options.

That is stock x-cart behavior, even in 4.6.0
There was a time (about the time 4.1.x dropped in 2006) when variants or options were first included in x-cart, but a certain group of x-cart engineers and support were extremely hostile to variants -- and they still are!

Will, I'll be happy to share screenshots of this with you as well. Unfortunately, it's not in the xcart core, so your template is just taking the xcart data (which is incomplete)and making it pretty.

I am a recent new owner of xTreme and my build-out is almost done -- and I have discovered more than a few "issues" along the way, but for the most part, most are x-cart design (defects) and TXS has graciously helped me work through them.

BUT -- there are more than a few instances where 4.5.4 or 4.5.5 code does not integrate well with xTreme - since some of xTreme was built on 4.5.2 code -- sometimes (usually) it's ok - but there are times when you have to go grab 4.5.4 or 4.5.5 code.

I will be posting my love letter about xTreme soon -- but still have a few more obstacles to overcome.