View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Janrain Engage integration module available

Looks like 4.6.0 and Janrain is no better. I have a virgin 4.6.0 in a dev partition.

Same thing happens in 4.6.0 as in 4.5.4 -- that is, if a customer chooses to use social login to create a new account, the customer is not logged in yet - and is presented with the registration page --

"Sign in one of these accounts [F] [T] or fill you personal info"

WTF is that?

Then - they STILL must enter a password (field is required) - so then the customer is confused -- "am i using social login or not?"

WHO WAS THE ROCKET SCIENTIST that thinks this is a good user experience?

Just to see what happens, I tried to log into other sites with social logins... no such bullshit or confusing interface.

WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE if this is going to work:

1. IF social login is used for registration, password fields must be hidden on the registration page (and not required);
2. Email address (all data that each network provides, facebook provides email, twitter does not) MUST transfer... the point is to make it EASY on the customer.
3. REMOVE THE confusing text, "Sign in one of these accounts [F] [T] or fill you personal info" - it has nothing to do with what the customer needs to do.

It is very clear that the project manager for the Janrain social integration doesn't have a clue about customer UX. Max, RESPECTFULLY, I am requesting that you please assign a new manager for this project? No, I am not willing to do it.

I have not even got close to testing this @ checkout.... if the customer can't register, can't expect them to shop...

I'm not done. More later.