View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Janrain Engage integration module available

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
Please be informed that Janrain module has no free support any more. The add-on is stable currently

But it is INCREDIBLY slow to login customers.
It also does not know about Google+ and it does not play well with the BCSE points system.

I spent most of last night trying to make this work and I am bailing on it for now.

AND WHY is the module called "social login", but the files are in XAuth directory?

Issue #1: login takes forever to login using Facebook. Is that a facebook issue?
Issue #2: if using a loyalty points system that requires an X-Cart membership, the customer must also have an x-cart user account, right? How does that work?
Issue #3: Customer still has to enter their shipping info, right?
Issue #4: Twitter does not share email with anyone. Janrain confirmed this. So Twitter login requires the entire customer record to be typed in.

So if the customer STILL must have an x-cart user account, what is the benefit of the social login? I am really missing the boat here. Either the XCart implementation is not all it should be, or I am seriously not understanding what this is supposed to accomplish.

Anyone with an active site running janrain care to PM me and let me login to your store? Maybe I'll buy something. Give me a discount code